Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Portfolio




So guys,
I had some trouble writing posts lately because I was pretty stressed out by exams and shit. However, now I have a bunch of time and will continue this how it was meant.
Today I'm starting with my own portfolio (portfolio in this context: selection of financial assets, such as stocks, in which you have invested money).
Or well, I'm not starting it, I'm rather exposing it to you, so you can follow my investments, pick up some and comment on them.

OK, let's start here:
Today, as you see I bought stocks of the well known french car manufacturer Peugeot.
Why that? Partly because I myself drive a 10-years-old 206 and partly because I just had this feeling while observing the stock, that a price below 20€ is just too low.
Stating this is very risky, I know, because you always have to see why the stock price changed. However, the market is not perfect and over the past months and years I started observing that some stocks have a kind of strike price:
If they fall below that, they will always go up again. A pretty good example of this would be the Apple stock of the past month. The moment it got under 200$ it always went up again - crazy huh?
This is, as you see, no in depth analysis, but sometimes you just have to follow a feeling, especially in stocks.

It's kinda lame, that I only have one stock in portfolio. Actually, there were two in there, namely a bunch of Telefonica stocks but these have been automatically sold due to a limition. Honestly, I liked my Telefonica stocks, and I think I will rebuy them if they fall a little.

That's it for today, stay tuned for major changes in my portfolio during the next few days/weeks, since I have cash lying around on the bank account and can't leave the house due to an operation I had (damn you wisdom teeth!).

No comments: