Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose




I did it again.
It's like, when you want to quit smoking. You remember all bad things about it and tell yourself, it's one of stupidiest things you've ever done. And then you do it again. Maybe not immediately, but at some point you always do it again. Afterwards you feel miserable, and tell yourself that now you really quit.
I've been having the same hard feelings with tech stocks. You have know, that when I was 11 I put my whole money (confirmation money, mostly) in a tech fund. A year or so later, the Internet-Tech bubble burst, and I lost a fortune.
At that point I swore myself never to buy tech stocks again - and now? Damn, yesterday I bought Solarworld. I'm almost crying right now, because it was one of the worst decisions I made - ever!
At this point (a day later) I already lost 5%, which would be most of the profit the peugeot trade made. Life's tough. Trading, too.
I wouldn't recommend buying that shitty Solarworld stock. I don't know, why I did it, honestly. I was influenced or under the influence or something like that.

However, I did make a trade which is maybe worthwhile - bought myself a share in Fiat (for some reasons I dig car manufacturers now).
Why? Easy - Goldman Sucks said "Conviction Buy" so I bought. Although most Analysts don't know a thing about stocks (read City Boy and you'll understand) these guys really know when to buy. Every time a Goldman says buy, you better buy - trust me they know game.

That's it for today - I will retreat now and cry about the stupidity of the Solarworld trade.
Never ever am I buying stupid tech stocks again...

No comments: